Monday, April 20, 2015

I'm Kinda Famous?

Saying goodbye at the bus station


1.  Did you or your companion get transferred or are you still in Balcarce?

Hermana Antuña was sent to LA PAMPA. Yup, she traveled all night. I don't have a companion yet.....BECAUSE I´M TRAINING A NEW MISSIONARY!!! Yeah, I have no idea if she's gonna be Latina, or gringa, or anything. I'll know Wednesday. I get to travel to Bahia Blanca to look for her. Right now I'm in a temporary trio with Hna Gomez and Hna Leavitt. 

And I´m kinda nervous. 

2.  Did you know your blog has now had 4,189 page views?  (This is how many times someone has clicked on your blog.  It doesn't mean that they actually read it.)  What do you think about that?

That's a lot, kinda...not really ha ha. Hahaha, so I´m basically famous right? Famous until the end of my mission, that is. Do any of the people who read the blog have questions for me? 

3.  You said last week that you had big plans this week to find new investigators.  How did the week go?

Well, we found 13 investigators, and so far 3 of them have let us into their house when we visited them. To find an investigator we usually stop someone in the street, talk to them, teach them something and we get to know them a little, and then ask if we can visit them in their home. Then, we schedule an appointment and look for their house when we have the appointment. Sometimes the address is false, or sometimes they aren't home, but a few people were there and listened to our message. 

4.  Last week you said you stepped in bird poop.  Is that something that is all over the place or was it just bad luck?

That was just bad luck. It's dog poop that's all over the place. You've got to watch out any time you walk in grass. It's also kinda funny because typically you can see a dog using the bathroom everywhere you look here. It's not even gross anymore it is so common for me.

5.  Can you take some pictures of the horses you see there?

Sure, if you want. Hahaha - next week I should have a bunch of horse pictures

6.  What was the best thing that happened this week?

I think it was when our investigator Miguel came to church. He called us the night before and told us that he wasn't going to be able to come, but then he came anyway. To me it showed his real desire to go and see and learn. 

The members reported that he kinda of got a little emotional in the first reunion (Priesthood class) and he participated in the gospel principles class (I was there for that one). He had to go home before the sacrament meeting because someone in his family was sick or something like that. He also told us that he is reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning. He is a very sincere investigator.

7.  Has it been getting cold there yet?  Have you needed the Thermaskins yet?

Yes, it is getting cold. I don't need the Thermaskins out of the house yet, but I've been using them to sleep in and I've started sleeping in my sleeping bag again because its the warmest. 

8.  What is something good that happened at church this week?

We had ward conference, and the day before the stake people came and did divisions and visited a ton of less active members to invite them to the meeting. 

We had 147 people in church, in total. Mom, that is a HUGE number for Argentina. 147 children of God came and renewed their baptismal covenants! Hopefully 147 people came and felt the Spirit, and not one of them was an investigator. 

I told my leader de Districto (district leader) and he was speechless. He asked me about it and how I felt about that and I told him that it made me very happy. 

9.  What is the most interesting thing you learned this week?

I learned why I haven't been having a bunch of success lately. I was walking the streets with my companion and I realized that I was walking without a purpose. I had a whole list of people that day to visit and not a single visit was with a purpose. I learned that I needed to plan my day with my purpose in mind for every person that I write down. I've decided that I'm going to plan better, and every person that I visit will be part of a plan to help someone come unto Christ, whether it is by baptism, reactivation, or helping them stay firm in the faith. 

10.  Did you buy anything unusual at the store this week?

Ummm.... cheddar cheese, which is very unusual. It wasn't even that expensive - haha.  Cheddar isn't really popular here. The most popular is cremosa. I have no idea what kind of cheese that is in English. 

11.  What was the best/worst thing you ate?

I had some super delicious canalones this week. I either like canalones a lot, or they make me feel kinda sick and I don't like them. So if I say they were good it's because they were really, really good. There wasn't anything really gross this week. We ate good :)

12.  What was the funniest thing that happened this week?

Well, its not super funny, but we had a surprise trip to the hospital this week, because....I was sick! Yeah, I talked to Hna Parreño about a health problem that I had been having and she told me to go to a doctor. Well, I lost my Argentina ID card, so going to the hospital is kinda complicated. But we went with a copy of my passport and prayed that they would let us through. We went Tuesday, in the morning,  and waited and waited and waited and they told me that I had a bladder infection. The conversation went like this:

Doctor: Vejiga esta hinchada.
Me:( in my mind) Vejiga.....oh man....what is that? I know that word...Vejiga...ooooh.... bladder!! My bladder is swollen! Great....

It was kinda funny because I'm pretty foreign. They gave me some pills, and I guess every member in the ward was sick that day so that they could see me in the hospital because a bunch of members were also there in the hospital. 

But I'm good now, I think all the juice here gave me the infection. I'm taking some antibiotics and I'm good now. 

I'm looking forward to reading your letter! Thanks so much for everything and for always writing me so faithfully! I love you a lot mom and I'm really excited to talk to you on Mother's Day!!!

Be safe! I know that we're in God's hands! Oh, I just remembered. I had interviews with President and I asked him for a blessing for comfort about the situation with yáll and Dad's job. In the blessing Heavenly Father reminded me that He promised to talk care of yáll on my mission. It was a big comfort. Do you have a copy of my blessing when I was set apart? Can you send it to me? I lost the original copy. 

Thanks!

Love you!

Amy

Hermana Antuña, Me, Hermana Gomez and Hermana Leavitt


Hermana Antuña with the cute turtle you sent me



Pictures in our apartment













No comments:

Post a Comment