Tuesday, August 4, 2015

We Went on a REAL Hike!

Hiking to the field last week


1.  Brother Jason Starkey asked that I tell you hello, and then said he'd like a shout out on the blog.

Brother Starkey!!!!" What whaaaaaaat!!!  Keep going strong. How's the ward mission leading? Your calling is SO IMPORTANT, I hope you know that. I have no ward mission leader in my branch, and its rough, so keep up the good work!

2.  School starts here on Aug. 3.  When does school start in Argentina?  Or is this the time of year that they are in school, since it is winter there?

Winter break ended this week, but the teachers are on strike (which happens after every break) so it hasn't started again.  I think they are on strike, that is.

3.  Last week you said you were going on a hike.  Where did you go and how was the hike?

Well, we went to some field near our house and walked around and stuff, ha ha. 

But yesterday we went on a REAL hike with the zone. We went to Sierra de la Ventana!!!! And we didn't hike up Sierra de la Ventana (it's a 6 hour hike) but we hiked up a cerro (hill) nearby. We climbed up some nice rocks, ha ha, and got some great exercise and pictures. The whole zone was there and it was cool. 

Then we played sports and stuff and got back really late, and then Presidente Cifuentes invited me and my housemates over for a family home evening so that's why I couldn't write yesterday...

4.  Now that you are in the same area as the mission home, do you ever get to go there?

Yes, I went yesterday for the family home evening. We made pizza, played charades, and learned about the difference between transgression and sin. I also went there when I was doing divisions with Hna Kroska. We stopped by to drop Hna Kroska off over there. We see them a lot here.

5.  Are the mission home and the mission office in different locations?  In my mission they were different.

Yes. The mission office is in the stake center in the Villa Mitre Stake. The mission home is in Palihue.

6.  Where did your new mission president learn to speak Spanish?  I was wondering if he has a different Spanish accent.

He's from Chile, but I think he moved to the States when he was 15. So he speaks both English and Spanish fluently. He and his wife lived in Nicaragua for 5 years, so she learned how to speak it there, too. They both speak lots of English, ha ha, its weird.

7.  What do you like best about doing divisions?

I like it when I can leave the area and get some fresh air - ha ha. I like learning from other Hermanas. Actually today one of the sister training leaders said, "Hey, Hna Eubanks, we'll probably do divisions with you next week!" and I said, "Good, I can't wait!"  and then literally five minutes later both of the
sister training leaders came up to me and said, "Hey, divisions this Friday!" so they changed their schedule just for me. siiiiggggghhhhh


8.  Tell us about Hermana Snyder.

Hermana Snyder is very healthy and very strong. She broke her knee when she was younger and can't sprint, but she doesn't use that as an excuse for not working out.  She does yoga, tai-kwando, and pilates and stuff. She's also very energetic and very good with working with people. She has 7 siblings and she's the second youngest.

9.  Tell us about the other Hermanas in your apartment.

Well, one is Hna Child, who I already told you about, and the other is Hna Santos. Hna Santos is from Peru. She's 21, kinda sassy, and is in the middle of her mission. She's been in this area before, so she is enjoying being in La Falda again.

10.  What was the most wonderful thing that happened this week?

I'll answer this next week. I'm not being a pessimist, but I can't think of anything.

11.  What sort of things did you eat this week?

I had this weird fried chicken salad thing. It had shredded chicken with a white sauce all rolled and mashed together and then fried so that it looked like a potato. It was really, really, really good.

12.  What was the funniest thing that happened this week?

We were contacting in Palihue and we saw a couple next to a huge green cloth hanging from a tree. So, we went up and asked what the cloth was for and they said that it was for acrobatics, and then showed us some acrobatics! It was cool and a nice twist to the day.

I love you so much! Be safe and choose the right! Keep praying for me and I'm always praying for yáll!!

Love, 

Amy



















Our refrigerator decorations

This one is me....

My tights are starting to wear out!





No comments:

Post a Comment