Monday, August 17, 2015

We Went to the Beach


Misión Bahía Blanca


1.  Dad wants to know if you still hiss at people. (FYI -  Amy likes to hiss at people from time to time, like a cat hisses...)

Yes, only at other missionaries. But lately I've been practicing roaring to relieve frustration. So now I hiss, roar, and growl. Its pretty fun. I like to practice when there is no one in the street - ha ha ha!

2.  Have you been able to practice the piano this week?  How does it feel to be playing?  I know you haven't had many opportunities on your mission to play, have you?

I have not practiced, but maybe I can practice tonight at Presidente's house. I have had hardly any opportunities to play - ha ha ha - but you can bet I´ll be jumping right on that when I get home.

3.  What did you learn from your studies this week?

Whoa, get ready for this, this might blow your socks off. Death is the wage of sin. In Jesus the Christ it says that He could have lived indefinitely, because He lived a perfect life and had no sin. So Christ wasn't just killed, He LET them kill him, and if He didn't want to he didn't have to die. But I was thinking today that if He wanted He could have just died at an old age and then been resurrected, but He didn't. He let those people kill Him and then rose from the dead and showed everyone that Satan can try all he wants, but he has NO power over Jesus Christ and God the Father.

5.  What is the best new Spanish word you have learned?

Foca, which means sea lion. I saw three dead focas today.

6.  Can you tell the difference between different Spanish accents?

Yes. I can tell the difference from different countries and even different parts of Argentina. I mean, I'm not perfect, but I can usually tell. If they are from Spain or Paraguay, Brasil, Peru or Chile I can identify it, The others I just know that they aren't from here.

7.  On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best, how would you rate your ability to speak Spanish?

A 7 or 8. I'm pretty dang functional, and I have a  lot of confidence. My strongest part of my language is my grammar, I think. I study that a lot. I would say my weakest would be my accent, but I've been working on that a lot so its not as bad as it was - ha ha ha.

8.  When are the next transfers?

Next week end. Presidente already told me what is happening to me, but I´m keeping it a secret until next Monday - ha ha ha - and because I would like to know officially. 

9.  What are some of the things you love about Argentina?

The sky. Its huge here and has some of the biggest, bestest sunsets. I also like that just about everything is closed on Sundays, and that people are obsessed with family here. They spend all Sunday with family.

10.  How was your zone/district meeting this week?

We had our conference with Presidente.  He taught us about finances and the Atonement. He taught the Atonement in HUGE detail. It was incredible. I don't have enough time to write everything today, but if you want to know more make it a question next week. In summary, the Atonement is personal. Its not only for baptized people, but its for everyone in their different situations. We have to apply it personally. They also gave us smoothies and lectured us on health, which was really nice because nobody here, including myself, knows how to eat healthy.

11.  What sort of things did you eat?

I've been on a baked potato phase lately. I eat those about every night with cheese and oregano. And then last night Presidente and Hermana Cifuentes made us spaghetti, but like real spaghetti. With actual sauce and flavor. And meatballs. It was GREAT.

12.  What was the funniest thing that happened this week?

This morning we went to the beach!!!!!!!!! We went to Monte Hermosa with everyone that I live with (Child, Snyder, Santos) and also Hermana Hall and Hermana Sprenz. I kinda have a crew going on here, have you noticed? I would say that I've become really, really close friends with those two lately. So we went to the beach, looked for shells, took a ton of pictures, and all that good stuff. I know that's not very funny, but it was kinda cool to see the ocean, especially since I'm in mission Bahia Blanca, which means "white bay." I´ll send the pictures today if I can!

I love you, mom, and I hope you have a good week!

At the beach!  In the winter...

Me and Hermana Saunders!





A stingray!





A dead sea lion, so sad!




No comments:

Post a Comment